Make Yahoo! your home page

Yahoo!

Groups Y! UK & IE Y! Singapore Mail My Yahoo! Messenger
Yahoo! Photos - Share your holiday photos with friends & family.
  Search for:     Advanced
Preferences  

»Posted on Friday, April 15, 2005

Really, reluctance sets in when you are being thrust into the limelight.

Yesterday, Lester Lim told me that I am out of the International Friendship Quiz. I was happy as I do not want to go on stage to face like 2000+ ppl. Yes, I hav a bit of stage fright. Not that bad, but it gets unnerving after some time.

This morning, went into the AHH as normal. Even sat down with Quan to tok abt FIFA (yes, lost to him AGAIN). Then they called me up on stage (quite malu alredi).

Sat at the back of the stage with other "powerhouses". Apparently, there are 4 groups in the first round. I was in the group of 4 whereas the others are groups of 3. Suay suay, my group contains the "sec 4 GEP powerhouses" - some person whose name will not smear this blog. 2 person from each group will advance. Somemore, Rayner is in my group. Then the round began. First rnd, we heard this guy who kept giving Sarawak as his answer. I did not noe who, but I was like quite irritated. Found out later that it was Shu Li >.<

Then my turn came. First, got suanned abt my height -_-. Then I had a bad start when I answered wrongly as I was just too anxious to answer. Luckily that there was not deficit marks. End of rnd, was tied with Zhu Feng at 2nd place. Managed to answer the tie-breaker correctly (Most populous Muslim nation-Indonesia).

2nd rnd got completely pwnzed by Rayner. But since I got 2 marks and the 3rd guy got 1 mark and Rayner answering all the qns, I decided to humji and just sit back and relax. Final score: Rayner 6, me 2, the 3rd guy 1. I escaped again.

3rd was billed as "Sec 3 vs Sec 4" by the person whose name I do not wish to reveal. Turned out it was not at all. I answered 3 early questions correctly. Then I screwed up 1 question. Down to 2 pts. Rayner, who was at 1 pt, then put together an amazing run of qns to notch another 3 pts. He 4, I 2, Shu Li 0, Last guy 1. Then Rayner answered a question abt the number of Australian states wrongly. I answered it correctly. We tied at 3-3. Then we each answered another 1 question correctly. 4-4. Tie breaker came (Who is the President of Pakistan-Musharraf). Somehow I managed to answer it. Was quite surprised at my win.

Got congratulated in class, CSC and NPCC. But somehow I feel that I am not as knowledgable as I seem to others.

Then during CSC, got to know that the sec 3s are so efficient. Really, the speed which they do tasks are like... godlike. Somehow, I feel that I did not have the same amount of passion I have for CSC this year as compared to last year.

Does power make one grow complacent?

I need to find my passion back.


Go to top   |   Go to title list

Links

Tagboard